What is the Cx Fever fund?
Last year, we offered a grant of a 1500$ financial value to an up-and-coming CX rider. The grant recipient got to come to the PanAmerican Championships with the CLIF Pro Team and become a member of the team for a weekend of racing. The goal was to share our experience and ressources with her so she can see what it's like to be on a professional CX team.
If you want to here more about last year's project, you can read our stories here:
- CX Fever Part 1: What is Cyclocross Fever?
- CX Fever Part 2: How to prepare for a CX Race?
- CX Fever Part 3: Weekend perspective. The Pro and the Rookie
Although this has been a successful experience last year, the Fund will take a different approach this season.
What will the CX Fever fund look like in 2018?
This year, there might not be as big of a project happening. However, the profits of the CXFever sales will still go to sharing my passion for cyclocross with other feverish young people.
The fund may be distributed in various forms, but most likely in the form of a financial grant to support up an coming cyclocross racers.
I will keep you posted on more details, but these grants may apply in the form of:
- CX Fever Hot Lap: Prize purse offered to the fastest lat at a select race in the Junior/U23 categories (Male and Female);
- Simple grant: Grant to help young riders travel to the CX World Championships;
- Other ideas/opportunities that would happen throughout the season;