What is the Cx Fever Grant?
Have you ever wondered what it was like to be on a professional cyclocross team? This is your chance to experience it!
Become a member of the CLIF Pro Team for a weekend! Come hang out, race, learn and have fun with us for a full weekend of racing at the Continental Championships in Louisville, KY.
What does the grant include?
The grant has a financial value of about 1500$ USD. Most importantly, it’s a chance to be a pro for the weekend, to learn from and hang out with some of the best cyclocross racers in the world.
Specifically, the grant includes:
- Airfare to the race;
- Lodging for the weekend (Friday-Sunday or Friday-Monday depending on flights) ;
***You might be rooming with one of your new teammates.
- Dinners will be covered;
- Full support from the team: mechanic, soigneur, transportation to and from the airport/race site/hotel;
- Learn from some of the best cyclocross racers in the world; get to pre-ride with them, hang out, ask questions, see how they prepare for a race and be a part of the preparation, etc.;
- More surprises from our sponsors;
Who can apply for the grant?
- Lives in Canada or the US;
- Is eligible to race at the Cyclocross Continental Championships in Louisville, KY in the Youth Women category;
- Is a woman racing in the Youth category during the 2017-18 cyclocross season;
- Speaks English;
- Has the CX Fever;
- Is okay with spending 3 days/2 nights away from home, with the CLIF Pro Team (That might require you to miss one day of school on Friday).
“I meet all these criteria! How do I apply for the grant?”
- Just fill up and submit the application form below below, before September 10th 2017. A confirmation email will be sent to you once we received your application.
Be yourself and tell us why and how you would benefit from the grant.
The recipient will not be selected based on race results. We want to help someone who is passionate about cyclocross and who is invested in the sport.
This would not have been possible without the support of:
CLIF Pro Team who has matched the amount of the donations we have received (up to 1200$) + offers support to one more rider for a whole weekend;
Everyone who has the CX Fever and has contributed to the fundraising;
All my CLIF Pro Team teammates who are willing to help and share their knowledge and support;
The grant recipient will be announced in September 2017.